Live Speech Mapping
What is live speech mapping?
Live speech mapping is a hearing aid verification method that is used to ensure that your hearing aids are programmed to set of independently researched "targets." These targets are developed to give the wearer maximum benefit at a variety of sound levels. Small microphones are placed in the ear canal and used to measure the response of the hearing aid in your ear taking into account the natural and individual characteristics of both your ear and your hearing profile.
Live speech mapping is the only way to accurately verify how a modern hearing aid is working inside any individual patient's ear canal.
Benefits live speech mapping:
- Focuses on the important and basic function of being able to effectively hear human speech
- Provides immediate and tangible results
- Shown to increase successful outcomes of fittings
- Increases your confidence and comfort in using your new hearing aids
- Provides more accurate programming of hearing aids
- Reduces number of return visits